Monday, August 18, 2008

It's Over... Now what!

Spop has just ended and now I find myself wondering what is the next chapter in my life. This can be potentially be a post about how Spop has changed my life and what not, but I rather focus on being able to say goodbye to it. Saying goodbye to the program that has helped me find who I am. Saying goodbye to the days of roasting in the sun walking incoming freshman from the one side of the campus to the other. Saying goodbye to the summer nights where we had nothing better to do then kick it and rage. Don't get me wrong I will NEVER forget those times, yet it is still time to say goodbye. Time to move on. Leaving with the notion that I did make some sort of difference to a Spopper, Staffer, or Coordinator. To be able to say I am satisfied with the character I was able to portray at all times. Even though Spop is a place that accepts all, remember it also pushes one to become a better human being.

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued."
-Socrates

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya I might think you're taking it a little too far, but if you literally mean all this, I'm glad you had such a great summer. Can't wait to see you in the fall, bro.

-Aaron

my name is hj said...

the best feeling in the world from my own experiences is knowing you did everything you could possibly do and being able to walk away with your integrity in tact and your peace of mind. what's after spop? the ability to continue to do that, but outside the confines of mesa court :) thanks for a gargantuous summer!

gargantuous: synonymous for "amazing"

yosuke said...

amen.